Manipal Comprehensive Cancer Centre is a centre of excellence for cancer care since 20 years and adopts a multi-disciplinary team approach. It hosts full-fledged departments of Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology and Clinical Haematology, all co-existing with the entire gamut of super-specialties such as Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Urology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Histopathology, Nuclear Medicine, Immunology, Transfusion Service and state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit. In addition, this centre also offers Palliative Care and Preventive Oncology services. In short, the Manipal SEAROC Comprehensive Cancer Centre is a one-stop solution, which provides comprehensive cancer care in India.
Treatment & Procedures
The department of Oncology has the latest amenities which help in correct and accurate diagnosis with the help of CT Scans, X-rays, blood tests, endoscopes, pap smears biopsies and bone marrow study.. Treatment is carried out by an expert team of oncologists who are among the finest cancer specialists in the country. Depending on the nature and stage of cancer, a wide range of therapies are used for the treatment. Besides conventional treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormone therapy, the department of oncology also excels in the newer fields of biological and targeted therapy.
The nurses and other support staff at the department of Oncology are known to provide utmost care and compassion to the patients, especially during the post operative phase. Patients are also made aware of the clinical trials available for newer drugs in case they are interested. At Dr Malathi Manipal Hospitals, the major thrust is on ‘maximum patient comfort’ in all its efforts of cancer care.
Special features of the Oncology Department:
- Protocol based treatment
- Quaternary care hospital
- Team of multi-specialists
- Affiliations with University of Minnesota physicians for Bone Marrow Transplant
- Palliative care (includes cancer pain relief, nutritional support et al in advanced cancers)
- Preventive care (includes various screening procedures for early detection of cancer as well as organizing lectures & interactive sessions to educate public on cancer prevention)
Some of the treatment options are:
- Medical Oncology including hormonal therapy, biological and targeted therapy, immunotherapy and day care chemotherapy.
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Hemato oncology including evaluation and counseling for bone marrow transplant.