Manipal Hospitals Online Privacy Notice Updated August 2015 This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Manipal Hospital and its affiliates (“Manipal Hospitals”, “us”, “our” or “we”) collects, uses and shares information from or about you through any online interface (e.g., Website or mobile application) owned and controlled by us (the “Site”, meaning singularly, jointly and severally, any Website or Websites). We will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the Manipal Hospitals Privacy Notice (above), which provides choices in the use and sharing of information. When using any of our Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE Personal Information We Collect Online “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information such as information you provide, or that others provide to us on your behalf, via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including but not limited to name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers. How We Use Personal Information We may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- Allow you to participate in surveys, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information;
- Analyze data for our business purposes, such as audits, medical records, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; or
- Control risk, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
Other Information We Collect Online “Other Information” is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided buy you such as your date of birth; or
- Aggregated and De-identified Data
How we protect your personal information To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Indian law. These measures include computer safeguards, Data and Database Encrypting, and secured files and buildings. How We Collect and Use Other Information We and our third-party service providers, if any, may record, collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly and for security purposes.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
- Use of an analytics and optimization service that tracks and analyzes activity on the Site. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to continually improve the design and functionality and to understand how people use the Site.
- Use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates and to assist us in resolving customers' questions regarding use of the Site.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: “Aggregated and De-identified Data” is data we may create or compile from various sources, including mouse clicks and movements, scrolling activity and text you type into the Site. This information is used for business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.